Sunday, April 12, 2015

Double Take: Four Eyes Reviews Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer

Here's our take on the concealer everyone on YouTube raves about, full name: Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Concealer with Goji Berry & Haloxyl. Phew!


Ashley 
Concealer might be my most important makeup item, and it is definitely the hardest to find a good one.  I've been loyal to the Amazing Cosmetics concealer for 3 years now for the great coverage it provides, but I've become increasingly dissatisfied with the dull finish it leaves and the cakiness and creasing after a few hours of wear.  Also the exorbitant price.  But as a makeup snob, I've never found a drugstore concealer up to par so I was skeptical of this Maybelline one before I bought it, even with all its hype.  I'm so happy I made the leap though because it did not disappoint, and now I have a great concealer for less than 1/4 the price of my old one!  Yay!!
I bought mine in the color 'Light' at Ulta for...was it $7?  I can't remember, but it was in the $5-$8 range.  It comes with a fuzzy sponge applicator on top and you wind the product to distribute it through the applicator.  I'm not a fan of the applicator I have to say, because every time I swiped it under my eyes the concealer got all in my bottom lashes and it applied too much.  Not a major problem though, because I can use my finger to dab the product from the applicator onto my skin.  The coverage is good enough to cover my dark circles and any redness in my skin.  The finish is somewhere between luminous and matte.  That's to say it doesn't look wet and shiny and it doesn't look dry and cakey; it strikes a nice natural-looking balance.  I've found it to fade only slightly throughout a long day of wear and it doesn't crease at all on me. I love it!

P.S. What on earth is goji berry and haloxyl?  I looked them up and found that goji berries are full of antioxidants and vitamin A which are great for skin, and haloxyl is a man-made compound that is supposed to remove dark pigments from skin and reduce the appearance of broken capillaries over time.  I can't speak to their benefits in this concealer because I don't know if there is even enough to make a difference.  I can say I haven't seen a change in the short time I've been using it.  I wish beauty product's skincare benefits always lived up to their claims but sadly that is not usually the case so I don't expect to see much of a change in the skin around my eyes.  At least it's nice to know they tried!


Tiffany

This concealer is a wonderful product from the drugstore. The Maybelline Instant Age Rewind concealer is incredibly blendable which is something I absolutely love! It also does not crease on me or settle into fine lines, and it looks very natural. Many people also love the Maybelline Fit Me concealer for the under eye area, but I think the Instant Age Rewind does a better job of looking natural.

Another positive point on this concealer for me is the packaging. I love the sponge applicator! It is incredibly soft and spreads the makeup quickly and evenly across the areas where I need it. It makes my makeup application so fast and easy when I have places to be! The way I apply it is I swipe it under my eyes, and blend it with my Sephora Airbrush Concealer brush. 10 seconds: done!

This concealer also does a great job of brightening the under eye area. For me, it cancels out the darkness which can drag down my eyes and make me look tired. It makes me look fresh and awake, without looking like I have on makeup!

Another thing I like about this concealer is the wear. It doesn't settle into fine lines during the day or come off patchy, or do any other sketchy things that makeup can do. It fades a bit after a while, but in a natural way, which is a check plus in my book! (The natural, not the fading :3)

One negative about this concealer though is that if you apply it directly onto dry spots, it will accentuate them on your skin. So if you have a dry under eye area, I can't recommend this in good conscience (unless you have some magic techniques to make it work, then you do you boo).

Rating: 4/5

I would definitely repurchase this product, and it has actually gotten me interested in the foundation. I have been wanting to pick it up for the last week and a half and have checked several places and it's always out of stock in my color! So unfortunate, but if I can ever get my hands on it, I might write a post! Let us know with comments or suggestions whatever you are interested in :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...